Monday, September 18, 2006

Ebay Blogging


Well, Ebay is now the latest to try blogging and I must say that is where I have been the past few days, busy blogging over there. There is more incentive over there. The first thing is they are offering prize money for the blogs if yours is chosen and the second thing is you actually get feedback from the people that read your blog which is more than I can say for my postings here.


While I have been encouraged from others on blogger to keep working at it, I will get people to read mine soon, somedays I feel I am just writing my own diary that no one peeks at.


Today, I received a thank you card and three pictures from a family in NY that I sent a quilt to since they were flooded out of their home. These people are police dispatchers, but the pictures of their young son with his happy smile all curled under one of my quilts was the best thing I could have seen today. It was exciting!


Here are some more quilts I am selling for charity...$35 each or $$65 for both. They are 45" x 47 1/2" and can be used for a wall, your feet while watching television, perhaps a family member in a nursing home, a baby, use your imagination, these are really nice and have some hand applique on one of them.


I originally was asking $60 each knowing all the work I have put into these, but recently had several people tell me on my Ebay blog that while they are worth it, I should lower the price because people want more of a bargain instead of handmade quality. Is that true? In a world filled with drive-in wedding chapels, drive in churches, drive-thru food and banking and yet few drive-in theaters anymore where a family can go and take their own food and sit in the back of the truck and watch movies....I would hope that people out there would want something someone has put their time and heart into.


What do you think? I'd be interested in your opionions.


No comments: