Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A thank you from Broome County New York

For those of you reading my blog who might question my sincerity or honesty (I can't blame you in todays era), I simply ask you to read the following post that was posted to 911care.com, a website that helps dispatchers out:

From: Pandich, James C. Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:53 PM
To: kevin@pstc911.com
Subject: Ranny Jean the Quilting Dispatcher
Hello Kevin –
Greetings once again from Broome County NY! Just wanted to drop you a quick note and let you know that we just received 5 beautiful quilts from Jean Kester from Avondale AZ. She made these quilts for five children of our dispatchers affected by flooding in June and July of this year that the members of your group have shown such generous support to. Once again we would like to thank you and everyone involved for the support, kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.
God Bless!
Jim PandichAnd the Broome County NY 911 Center

These are real people that I quilt for with families and loved ones that need our help, that need YOUR help. Won't you show these dispatchers and their families that you care? Won't you take the time to send me your pocket change for a day or week?

I am not asking you to send me a million dollars, a thousand dollars, a hundred or even fifty dollars, I am asking you to send me your pocket change so I can help these people in need.
If you don't want to do that, do as one anonymous donor did recently and pick a few of the things I need below, order them and mail them to me.

Here is a list from a company called Connecting Threads:

1.) 20908 Neutral Thread 19.90 (Set)
2.) 20909 Pastel Thread 7.95 (2) (Set)
3.) 20910 Bright Thread 15.90 (Set)
4.) 20911 Country Thread 23.85 (Set)
5.) 20912 Varigated Thread 23.90 (Set)
6.) 80932 Need to Know Card 5.95
7.)80595 Triangle Measurement Card 5.00
8.)81035 Perfect Binding Card 5.95
9.)35537 Quick Quilts for Holidays 9.98
10.) 44243 French Braid Quilts 17.46

All you need to do is go to www.connectingthreads.com and place an order and have it mailed to me at:Jean Kester P.O. Box 1652 Avondale, AZ 85323. It is really that easy. I don't get your credit card information, all I get is the order you placed and hopefully you will include your name and at least city and start so I can thank you on this blog.

**Don't forget, I have several quilts for sale, contact me for further details.

No comments: