Thursday, September 07, 2006

Financial Backing, A Blessing

This is a quilting blog, but in reality it is so much more, it is a piece of who I am.This week, I have been working on knotting the last quilt for the New York dispatchers and next week, I will send them out via UPS. Never knowing where I will get the extra money from, it appears as a blessing when least expected.

Yesterday, in the mail was a $100 check for my quilting cause. It was a major blessing. Also with it was a very nice polo shirt with the companies logo on it & since this company also benefits other dispatchers, I will wear it proudly.

I also want to recognize and thank the anonymous donor who provided me with the following supplies: 2 scissor leashes/2 rotary cutter holders/2 needle cases/big eyed needles/quilt kit (for future money making purposes) & a quilting book. May God bless you for reaching out to someone in need without thought of a tax write off. I can guarantee everyone, this money & the supplies go right back into my quilts.My mom even blessed me this week with an entire box of fabric in an assortment of colors all ranging from 1-2 1/2 yards in a variety of colors and patterns and that saves me money.

I have friends who have tried to get their local papers to pick up my story and even my local papers, but no one seems interested in publishing a story about a dispatcher that makes quilts to help others. Yet our local paper will print front page stories on old ladies in the red hat club getting their nails done. Go Figure!!

If you are a publisher, editor, writer or know someone in these fields, please contact me for my story, I feel it really needs to get out about the work I am doing to help those dispatchers and police officers in need.

Hate to say it, but even my own department doesn't support me, but there will be those that do & they will be blessed!Have a blessed day and remember: 'God is always at work around us.' Sometimes, we just don't realize it or see it because we are too busy living in our own little world!

No comments: