Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heaven In a Small Town

Is this too cool or what? First this week I find these really cool blogs that do swapping...No sillies, not the wife or partner type of swaps, but fun things. One site I found the people make miniature quilts and then they send them to another person that is part of that blog community and they are really cool.

Then I found the Goodness Girls and they have swaps of things they thrift or find at swap meets and garage sales, but they do them with fun themes. I was pretty excited because these women are not ohnly thrifty and crafty, but they are doing
fun things, which I haven't done in a long time.
So, please check out their blogs for yourself at:
  1. http://frauleinh.blogspot.com/
  2. http://sweetgoodnessswaps.blogspot.com/
  3. http://thriftygoodness.blogspot.com/
The last one belongs to Rebecca and she has a shop aptly named the Goodness Shop of which I felt was just so cool that I have listed it with a link right here on my blog.
I have truly enjoyed just reading these ladies blogs and adding them to mine. Also, check on the Cutest Blog on the Blog website for some really awesome free stuff for your blog.

Now, today I was pretty depressed because yesterday was my last day at work and living here in a small town I have almost exhausted all my options over the past year. It is really hard to not be working, so I took the grand babies out for a long drive down the back roads here in Grays Harbor County.

We saw lots of cows, hay being mowed, older homes. But I was on a mission to go to the Elma Variety Store that a friend kept trying to get me to check out. Hit me in the head Kellie, we should have gone long ago!

So, I parked in the back of the store (Kellie said the locals all go through the back door), and when I stepped in, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Fabric all over in bright and beautiful colors, quilts hanging from the ceilings, sewing notions very reasonably priced and the kids favorite area today was the button racks that were filled with unique and brightly colored buttons.

No job, means I have to really keep to the stash of fabric I have on hand for now. But I bought 2 skeins of embroidery thread, an 89 cent wooden embroidery hoop and 2 packages of cool buttons.

If you ever get a chance to visit the southwest portion of Washington and do some shopping, check out the Elma Variety Store and um, park in the back like the locals do!

No comments: