Sunday, July 20, 2008

The First Quilt for Iowa



Well, it is done, the first quilt to be sent to Iowa for flood victims. I know I recently saw somewhere where there is a quilt shop I can send this to, but hopefully by next week I will have a box full.

I just love both of these fabrics. The blue one is Winnie-the-Pooh that I have had forever and used it for several other quilts. The light green is a vintage fabric with baby buggies and bottles and I also used it for several other baby quilt projects.

Anyway, I feel good because I have one done and who knows how many I will try to make, but I would at least like to send a total of 4 within the next 2 weeks.

I am sitting at my desk and listening to my grandchildren play and the wind chimes gently making a melodious tune as they all ring together. Chimes are one of my weaknesses, I just love them and I am sure my neighbors aren't as happy, but at least I don't have a yapping dog or bratty kids.

I love my husband! I just think I am so blessed to have this man in my life right now. He has been sober for over eight years, the grandchildren have never seen him drunk and he is just so amazing.

I am asking for everyone to pray for my husband, to lift him up and have God shine down on him. I am not working right now and can't find a job and I have been looking for over a year. He is carrying the load and it is getting heavier and heavier for him. He wouldn't complain I know, but I can see it in his face.

We live in a not-so-friendly neighborhood, it is just the way it is, no one talks to you if you are new and the area we live in is very closed minded if you weren't born or raised here. Just pray God will show my husband His mercy and love.

4 comments:

Tomme said...

The quilt shop that's accepting donated quilts for flood victims is Pine Needles Sewing Center, 1000 Old Marion Road N.E., Cedar Rapids, IA 52402, www.pineneedles.net

Quilting Dispatcher said...

Tomme:
Thanks for the info, I knew a quilter would it. Please send me an address to compassionatequilter@rocketmail.com so I can send you a gift!

Jean

Sue said...

God bless you, Sweetie. You sound like a very caring, lovable woman. Your husband and family are so lucky to have you. I found your site via my sister Judys blog (grammasquiltingroom) You sound a lot like her, she is a very compassionate soul, with a great sense of humor.

Bless our heart for caring so much about others. The world needs more people like you.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Great work.