Sunday, September 14, 2008

Texas Devastation....Calling All Quilters

I am not rich by any means, at least not in the area of money/cold hard cash. But I will be starting to do my part for making quilts for families that lost everything in Texas & it is looking like another Katrina type devastation.

I am calling on all quilters to do your part. Even if you can only make one crib or lap sized, trust me when you have lost everything, having a hand made quilt means the world to these people that have lost all.

Personally, I do not donate to the Red Cross, it is just a bad taste I have when they couldn't show where millions of dollars of donations went to for the Hurricane Katrina, not to mention one of their Directors was found to be filching money for themselves.

I would prefer to work on my own and ask others to do the same. I can put you in touch with someone who can help, someone I know will see to it these quilts get delivered. Trust me, 911 cares will be there when no one else is!

Perhaps you have a few quilts sitting on the shelf and always wanted to put them to good use, now is the time to do that! Perhaps your quilting group wants to help. Make quilts, donate small toiletry items, these are the things people need, not cute little bags, not other crafy things, they need blankets to keep warm, to hold onto when there is nothing else.

We can help these people, one quilt at a time!

No comments: