Sunday, November 02, 2008

End of the year Charity Donations

This blog is specifically for thos police/fire/emergency telecommunications operators in need. I help those I can when and where I can. This year has seen many agencies get hit hard during the storms, floods and other daily needs we all go through.

There is something that makes me feel a bit closer to my roots, to God and to others when I can reach out and help others and make their day seem a bit brighter. I do not think now nor will I ever be a great quilter, I am just an average quilter with a huge heart for those I called family for so many years.

Once again I am asked for you to donate to 911 Cares. This agency truly has a calling and heart for dispatchers in need and agencies and they are the first usually to deliver good or bad news on their web-sites so others can reach out and help. Not to mention, they have some really cool stuff in their store!

I have been blessed that when Kevin can, they assist me in purchasing things I need to continue my quilting. I am not a non-profit, but I do use every bit of fabric, batting, thread, etc. to continue the cause in helping those in need.

I have a huge need for batting. If you would like to donate warm batting, polyester batting or even bamboo batting, I am open to taking what you can send. I use all sizes from crib sized to king size.

Sulky threads is another thing I need.

Send anything you might want to donate for my quilts to help others to:

Jean Kester
906 N. Rice Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520


No comments: