Sunday, November 23, 2008

All Ready To Go....

I know that many of my postings on my 911 blog sites seem to be repetitive, but I try to change things up a bit. I need to really figure out how to roll them both into one without loosing my followers.

This is the finished quilt I made for Stuart Owen, the young man whose mom is a dispatcher for the Indianapolis airport and who himself has been recently diagnosed with Histiocytosis. Stuart also is Autistic, but from everything I hear is taking this very well.

The quilt came out to be 35" x 50" a pretty average size for the hug quilts I make. I am hoping he can take this to treatment when he goes to give him some comfort.

I just make things up as I go along and I think I found the original pattern on the intern
et and think it is called Holland by Rail and I just cut it down to what I wanted it to look like.

Here is the back with the label I made to go on it. I loved the stars and dark background on this as it just jumped out at me as for an older child or teen.

The quilt next to it is my step-fathers that his grandmother made for him when he was a child!



No comments: