Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Depression Really Does Hurt!

Have you seen the commercial about depression in which the commercial states depression hurts everyone & goes onto explain it hurts all over? Well, I understand that commercial now!
You see, I have suffered from depression for many years and like so many others, do my best to push it aside and state I can get over it. But this time, it hurts! I don't mean mentally, I mean I am in physical pain and I believe it is because of my depressiona and the fact that my husband and I have been separated from each other for over 4 months now.

This man is my soulmate. His smile lights up my days, his voice calms my fears and help me relax when I am upset, his touch is healing medicine when I am sick, sore or tired. His kindness comes to me in all areas of my life and now, we are thousands of miles apart and I don't know when I can see him again.

I had dreamed and prayed to see him in March, but after paying $1600 to have 8 new windows installed in our new home and just receiving a $4000 estimate on painting the interior of our home, all the money I had in savings is now gone and I can't afford to fly the babies and I up to Washington to visit. And...my depression darkens!

Of course it doesn't help when the kids and I have been so sick with the flu the last 2 weeks that all anyone does is cry, whine or sleep. This has to be the most exhausting, painful flu I have ever experiencied in 50 years of my life. Fevers of over 104, chills, aches, migraines, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing. Horrible!! The babies had it last week and they are still laying around most of the day. I came down with it Saturday.

Oh yeah! For the first time in over 12 years on my job, when I told them I was sick and yes I knew I would have to use vacation time...they requested a doctors note. Oh Lord, grant me the serenity to stay where I am until You tell me we can move!

Graduation comes in just a few months for the oldest of the babies & then hopefully by then most of the court stuff will be behind us.

No comments: