Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Still not up to walking on my own!

Well, it has been a month and a half since I broke my ankle and I can't say I am exactly happy about my progress. I expected by now I would be up and at least walking on my own to some degree, but I am still using a walker and a wheelchair when I am extremely exhausted.

I went to see the Ortho today because my foot has been turning purple and almost black during the day and he told me it is something to expect with the fact I haven't been up on my feet for the past six weeks. Something about the blood pooling and my foot swelling. I asked him about all the pain and the fact I am still using Percocets and he said he will be concerned about my Percocet use if I am still asking for them in a year.

I guess an ankle break is tough, but one like mine is extremely difficult and he expects I am going to have pain and problems for at least the next few months. I am wondering if swimming might help strengthen the ankle?

Anyway I am back to work next Tuesday and I can honestly say I am looking forward to getting out of the house for a few hours or 12 hours. We will just need to see how the ankle holds up.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, the only thing that would have made mine any better would be to have my husband here with us, but friends made it as wonderful for use as they could.

Even my soon to be ex-daughter-in-law bought me a gift.

Check ya later!

No comments: